Though Android Oreo 8.1 has been out for a while, most manufacturers are still rolling their 8.0 updates out. OnePlus isn’t releasing 8.1 in an official state, but the latest Open Beta 4 for the OnePlus 5T is now based on the latest version of Android.
This new update features a new auto pick up gestures to answer calls, a gaming mode, and the February Android security patch. Here is the full changelog:
- New auto pick up gesture
- Answer an incoming call by raising the phone
- General bug fixes and improvements
- Added more clock styles for ambient display
- Optimized full-screen gesture support
- Updated Android security patch to 2018-02
- Gaming mode: Added new optimizations in gaming mode for immersive gaming experience including power saving and pausing adaptive brightness
- OnePlus Switch: Added support to migrate application data, allowing you to switch between devices seamlessly
If you’re already running the Open Beta, this latest version will be an OTA for you. If you own a OnePlus 5T and want to try this potentially unstable software out, hit the source link for the info on how to install it! Don’t forget to give feedback on the OnePlus forums, as that’s the entire point of a beta test.