Twitter is one of the biggest social media platforms in the world right now. One reason for this is the ease of access it provides to breaking news. Here are some tips and tricks to try out on Twitter for Android.
- Turn off image preview: On the mobile app, whenever there is a tweet of an image, Twitter allows you to view it directly on your timeline. You can turn this off and save space on your display. Go to Settings > General > Image Previews to change to picture links.
- Did you know that you can use more than one account on your Twitter app? Unlike some other social media apps, you can use two or more Twitter accounts on the same account. Go to Accounts > Add Account to set up a new account. You can also switch between accounts from there.
- Twitter has a feature called While You Were Away. This brings you the best tweets posted since you last launched the app. you cannot turn this off, but you can reduce the times it is shown. Just tap on the cross icon. After that, tell Twitter you didn’t like seeing this feature on the next dialog box.
- You can make it easier for people to find you on Twitter if you want. Or you can make it hard. Go to Settings > General, then choose whether you want to be found by email or phone number.
- You can also add a location to your tweet. When you compose a tweet, you will find a map pin icon at the bottom left of the screen. Tap this to attach a location to your tweet. You also need to activate Location on the General tab of Settings.
- Customize your app notifications so you don’t get swamped with alerts every five seconds. Open Settings, tap on your Twitter handle, then choose mobile notifications. You can select what actions will cause you to get notifications. You can also turn off notifications altogether.
- You can share tweets outside the app itself. Just tap on the Share button and you can sendit to apps like Dropbox and Gmail.
- You can refine the search results on your mobile app. However, it will not be as good as on desktop. On the search results screen, tap on the two sliders icon. There, you can limit your query to photos, videos, news, people and more. You can also look for nearby tweets.
You can let us know your favorite Twitter tricks and tricks in the comments below. Let’s tweet, folks!